BAPMI's Honorary Council Members are appointed by General Meeting for a term of 3 years.
Honorary Council's duties and authorities:
- receive and examine complaints in writing from either the Management and other parties regarding any alleged violations of the Code of Conduct by any Arbitrators/ Mediators/ Adjudicators/ Arbitrators of BAPMI;
- establish an Ethics Tribunal with members from Honorary Council's own members to examine and try complaints mentioned above;
- pass verdicts, through the Ethics Tribunal, based on the examination and trial held;
- provide recommendations to the Management based on the verdicts passed by the Ethics Tribunal;
- give opinions with respect to the interpretation of BAPMI's rules and procedures;
- provide inputs and advice to the Management in respect of any amendments or improvements to BAPMI's rules and procedures;
- draw up codes of ethics for Mediators/ Adjudicators/ Arbitrators and Ethics Tribunal procedures, and further propose them to the Management for approval.
BAPMI's Honorary Council Members for the period 2019 - 2022 are:
- Luhut M.P. Pangaribuan (Chairman)
- Achmad Zen Umar Purba
- Erry Firmansyah
- Soemarjono Soemarsono
- Hikmahanto Juwana